bottlecap

OktoberFish

OktoberFish

Now in it's 11th edition, this edition of OktoberFish is the first production beer to come out of the new brewery.  Our take on this classic German style uses German malts, hops and yeast.  A beautiful reddish color, savory malt profile and delicate hop flavor make this quest beer quite drinkable.  OktoberFish is great with food--an especially great with lederhosen.

This is our most limited seasonal, so enjoy it while you can in 12 oz. bottles,1/2 and 1/6 kegs.

Comments (9)

1. Home Built Helicopter:
    Sep 26, 2012 at 02:44 PM

Hello! I simply want to give you a huge thumbs
    up for the great information you have right here on this post.
    I am returning to your site for more soon.

2. James:
    Oct 13, 2012 at 02:24 PM

As a fan of your crafted beers And German Octoberfest beer I must say I'm very dissapointed in your version this year. It tastes watered down and weak to distraction. Did I get a weird batch? Bought 10/12/12 in New Jersey.

3. Gene Muller:
    Oct 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Hi James
    Each year the OktFish changes a little bit just because of annual variation of ingredients. This year's fermented out a bit drier because of the system at the new brewery. Overall the reception has been pretty good in that it didn't leave people feeling as "full" after one or two of them.

Cheers

4. Rob Morrell:
    Oct 31, 2012 at 02:38 PM

Would like to add my two cents regarding Flying Fish beers. I am the proud owner of a beautiful beermeister and I buy only Flying Fish. With all the varities and styles available, I can serve and enjoy any of them depending on my particular tastes at various times throughout the year. I buy in "sixels" and appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into this great beer. Presently enjoying Oktoberfish and loving life as it goes well with the cooler weather. Thanks!

5. Gene Muller:
    Oct 31, 2012 at 02:42 PM

Hi Rob

Thanks for the good words! With the new brewery getting going we'll be producing some new varieties, so stay tuned. Cheers.

6. Ed Renkor:
    Nov 01, 2012 at 08:06 PM

Living in Los Angeles and being an avid homebrewer, I always look forward to your seasonal beer. This is the first time that I've had the Oktoberfish and I'm very pleased, I'm going to stock up. Great beer!! I'm hoping to see the Grand Cru Winter Reserve soon in our local store. Cheers.

7. SeasonsoftheBrew.com:
    Oct 11, 2013 at 06:18 PM

Beautiful medium amber with carmel background & light carbonation. A great representation of an American style German Marzen. Check our our full review & food pairings at: seasonsofthebrew.com

8. Tom:
    Oct 23, 2013 at 02:36 AM

Is this years OktoberFish a lager or is it an ale (altbier) again?

9. Gene Muller:
    Oct 23, 2013 at 09:20 AM

Well the short answer is yes to both. We use all lager ingredients with the alt yeast but ferment at cooler temps so it's a bit of a hybrid. Cheers