Packaging Technician/Machine Operator
We are currently seeking a Technician / Machine Operator
RESPONSIBILITIES: In this role, you will be responsible for safely and efficiently operating the packing machines, including the daily/regular set up, adjusting, maintaining and operation of various pieces of computerized and manual inspection equipment.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Monitor activities on the production lines, immediately reporting downtime to maintenance or packaging lead when downtimes cannot be corrected by the operator.
- Setup and change over packaging equipment.
- Monitor and document down time.
- Monitor products, code dates, seals, and packages to ensure they consistently meet the highest quality standards.
- Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals.
- Be cross trained on other pack lines. Responsible to maintain functional knowledge of all equipment in the packaging department.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment to promote safety and ensure product integrity.
- A high school diploma is required • Previous experience in manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently and as a team.
- Must have excellent observations skills to prevent product line issues, bottlenecks, and quality situations.
- Must to be able to work in a mechanical/manufacturing environment and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be self-motivated, team player, able to work well in a team and independently without a need for constant supervision.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English sufficiently to read and understand materials such as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDA) and other OSHA requirements.
- Must demonstrate commitment, dependability, and respect for other employees with regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability.
- Please note that this is a non-smoking facility.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Vacation and sick days
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program